Celebrity belongings go under the hammer for Norfolk charity
- Credit: Denise Bradley
Popstar Ed Sheeran and comedian Ricky Gervais were among celebrities who donated items for an auction to fundraise for a Norfolk charity.
More than 200 personal belongings from 100-plus stars went under the hammer to raise money for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
Punters bid on goods from famous faces including Cate Blanchett, Paul McCartney and Delia Smith, raising a total of £146, 466.
The five best-performing lots were:
1. Night Mare, an original piece of artwork from Tracey Emin - £23,000
2. Headcollar worn by Enable, signed by John Gosden and EACH Ambassador Frankie Dettori - £10,500
You may also want to watch:
3. Dawn French’s Datejust Rolex - £8,000
4. Griff Rhys Jones' Montblanc pen - £7,000
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 4 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 5 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 6 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 10 Motorists have fines and points cancelled over £2m speed cameras blunder
5. Coriolanus book signed by Ralph Fiennes and dedicated to the winner - £4,150
The idea for the auction, called Celebrity Bottom Drawer, came from comedian Griff Rhys Jones, who also donated former possessions.
Donations can still be made if you click here.