CCTV images of man released following spate of thefts and burglaries in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV images of a man they would like to speak to in connection with a number of theft and burglary offences in Lowestoft.
The first incident occurred on Sunday, September 24.
At around 11.20pm a man in his 60s was approached by a man on a bicycle as he walked along The Esplanade.
The cyclist reportedly bumped into the victim - who later discovered his wallet, containing a quantity of cash, was missing.
Police believe this incident is linked to a spate of thefts and burglaries that occurred in the town on Sunday, October 8.
You may also want to watch:
At some point between 2pm and 2:15pm, a man is reported to have followed an elderly man as he walked into a block of flats off Hollingsworth Road.
The suspect is said to have attempted to remove the victim's wallet from his back pocket before continuing to follow him, trying to gain access to the victim's home.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
The suspect is then said to have gained access to two flats within the same building, where he was challenged by the residents; a small quantity of cash was stolen from one of the victims.
At around 4:45pm, a man in his 80s was offered assistance in carrying shopping bags by an unknown man in the vicinity of Victoria Road.
The suspect entered the victim's flat, searching the cupboards and drawers before leaving empty handed and cycling away from the premises.
The final incident occurred around 5.40pm when a teenager on a bicycle was approached by a man, also riding a bicycle, along Bridge Road.
The suspect is reported to ride alongside the victim, before grabbing a wallet from the victim's coat pocket and cycling away in the direction of Normanston Drive.
The suspect is described as white, between 5ft 7ins and 5ft 10ins in height and is believed to be a foreign national who speaks very broken English.
Police are keen to speak to the man pictured in connection with these incidents.
Anyone with information about who the man is or about any of the incidents should call Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime number 62997/17. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org