Time to rhyme for World Poetry Day at a Cringleford care home
- Credit: Shaun Fellows / Shine Pix ltd
A care home in Cringleford is inviting the local community to join residents in celebrating World Poetry Day.
Residents at Cavell Court will be celebrating the day on Wednesday, March 21 by reading a number of their favourite poems and rhymes aloud.
Pupils from Cringleford Primary School will be joining in with the rhyming fun by sharing their favourite poems with the residents and visitors.
Residents are also being encouraged to put pen to paper to create their own short verses and poems to enter into Care UK's poetry competition.
Home manager, Jennie Rodger, said: 'World Poetry Day provides a fantastic opportunity for residents here at Cavell Court to share their favourite poems, which has many therapeutic benefits, particularly for those living with dementia.'
You may also want to watch:
To find out more, please call Samantha Woods on 01603 856835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre