Search

Cats saved from kitchen fire

PUBLISHED: 08:49 01 March 2020 | UPDATED: 09:07 01 March 2020

Six crews attended the fire in the kitchen of a thatched cottage in Ixworth   Picture: Suffolk Fire Service

Six crews attended the fire in the kitchen of a thatched cottage in Ixworth Picture: Suffolk Fire Service

Archant

Two cats were rescued by firefighters attending a kitchen fire in a thatched cottage.

Six appliances were sent to the property in Nethergate Street at Hopton, near Garboldisham, in the early hours of today.

You may also want to watch:

Crews from Norfolk and Suffolk attended the blaze. The alarm was raised at 3.30am and the fire took just over an hour to deal with.

The Ixworth station later tweeted: "Ixworth mobilised to kitchen fire in a thatched property along with two appliances from Diss and also one from Bury St Edmunds.

"All occupants safe and well along with two cats rescued."


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Eastern Daily Press