Families to enjoy late night shopping at Norwich Cathedral event
- Credit: Bill Smith
Businesses and communities of Norwich's Cathedral Quarter will be joining forces for a popular festive celebration.
The Cathedral's Advent Open Evening, which attracted hundreds of people last year, is taking place on Thursday, December 5, from 6.30pm-9pm.
This year's event features a service at 7pm next to an outdoor crib and afterwards, people can explore the Cathedral by night, walk around a candlelit labyrinth and enjoy guided tours.
A selection of shops and businesses from the wider Cathedral Quarter area of Norwich will also be opening for late night shopping and hosting pop-up performances to entertain visitors.
The Dean of Norwich, the Very Revd Jane Hedges, said: "The area's unique mix of shops, restaurants, businesses and organisations all contribute to making this area a very special place and it is great to be able to celebrate that together."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab