Catfield marine firm and London Boat Show regular to host its own event
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A marine firm which stayed away from a national boat showcase is organising its own event in the hopes it will provide better value for money.
Haines Marine, which is based in Catfield, will display its entire range at the show next month after opting out of the London Boat Show in January.
Company director Justin Haines said the event, on Saturday, March 19, would be more 'personal' and would attract the right sorts of customers.
'The London Boat Show has been a significant investment from our company's point of view,' he said. 'Sometimes we didn't used to get the customers attend that we would have liked to see.
'This way we can invest more time and effort and it will be more personal. We have done events before but this is biggest, so it is exciting.'
The price tag for a small boat builder to exhibit at the London show can reach as much as £20,000.
Mr Haines said their event would be a 'relaxed afternoon' with entertainment and plenty to see.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 5 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
'We have got five models of our boats that will be on display, as well as some of the engine manufacturers coming along to show their engines,' he added.
There will also be a collection of used boats from the Norfolk Yacht Agency, Haines Marine's agent.
The family-run Haines Marine was founded in 1980 by Bob and Mary Haines.
The show will run from 2pm to 5pm at Brundall Bay Marina.
To attend, call 01603 713434.
• Do you have a Broads story we should be writing about? Email our correspondent Lauren Cope on firstname.lastname@example.org