‘Casual vacancy’ opens up on Wymondham Town Council
- Credit: Archant
A 'casual vacancy' has opened up on Wymondham Town Council.
The council has advertised the vacancy after the resignation of councillor Adam Osborne in Crowmwells ward.
According to information published by town clerk, Trevor Gurney, an election will be held if 10 electors of the parish request one in writing by October 3.
If not enough requests for an election are made, the council is required to co-opt someone to fill the vacancy.
Recent meetings of the town council have been dominated by the controversial issue of the playscape at King's Head Meadow, and the future of the play area is still yet to be decided.
You may also want to watch:
Requests for an election can be made in writing to Julia Tovee-Galey, electoral services team, South Norfolk Council, Swan Lane, Long Stratton, NR15 2XE.
For more information, call 01508 533795 or email email@example.com
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut