‘Casual vacancy’ opens up on Wymondham Town Council
- Credit: Archant
A 'casual vacancy' has opened up on Wymondham Town Council.
The council has advertised the vacancy after the resignation of councillor Adam Osborne in Crowmwells ward.
According to information published by town clerk, Trevor Gurney, an election will be held if 10 electors of the parish request one in writing by October 3.
If not enough requests for an election are made, the council is required to co-opt someone to fill the vacancy.
Recent meetings of the town council have been dominated by the controversial issue of the playscape at King's Head Meadow, and the future of the play area is still yet to be decided.
Requests for an election can be made in writing to Julia Tovee-Galey, electoral services team, South Norfolk Council, Swan Lane, Long Stratton, NR15 2XE.
For more information, call 01508 533795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?