Cash boost for Hethersett’s Run the Square fun run
- Credit: Archant
Each year it helps bring the Hethersett community together in the name of fitness and friendly competition.
And now the future of the village's Run the Square fun run has been secured thanks to a £1,000 donation as part of a Persimmon Community Champions Scheme.
Shane Hull, organiser and parish councillor, said he was delighted with the donation, which would help pay for the insurance and other costs for this year's event on July 16.
Mr Hull said: 'It's a volunteer-run event that encourages health and fitness in the community, and everyone can get involved.
'This very kind donation means that we can keep the entry fee unchanged this year.'
You may also want to watch:
Hethersett Run the Square was launched eight years ago in the build up to the London Olympics in 2012, and it continues as a 'legacy' event of the games.
Mr Hull said 200 to 300 people took part in the run each year.
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 4 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 5 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 10 Jail for 'Jekyll and Hyde' builder who made customer 'fear for her life'