Caroline Flack to star in new production of the musical Crazy for You
- Credit: Nathan Pask
She wowed the crowds when she danced to victory on the TV show Strictly Come Dancing, and now Norfolk's Caroline Flack is set to star in a new touring musical.
She will be joining fellow Strictly champion Tom Chambers in the show Crazy for You which will be heading to Norwich Theatre Royal at the end of October as part of its tour.
The show tells the story of Bobby (Tom Chambers), a banker sent to close down a failing theatre and who falls for the daughter of the building's proprietor despite being engaged to the feisty Irene, who will be played by Caroline.
Mistaken identities, plot twists, heartbreak and happiness ensue in a storyline set to an all-singing, all-dancing Gershwin soundtrack featuring songs including I Got Rhythm, They Can't Take That Away From Me, Nice Work If You Can Get It and Embraceable You.
Ms Flack, who grew up near Thetford and went to Great Hockham Primary School and Wayland High School, trained in musical theatre before becoming a TV star presenting The Xtra Factor and I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here NOW!
You may also want to watch:
She raised the glitterball trophy in 2014 when she won Strictly Come Dancing with her dance partner Pasha Kovalev.
Mr Chambers, who is currently playing Sam Strachan in the BBC One show Casualty, was also crowned Strictly champion a few years earlier, after winning the 2008 competition with partner Camilla Dallerup.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 10 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
He is also no stranger to Norwich audiences, having starred in Top Hat at Norwich Theatre Royal in 2011.
Stephen Crocker, Norwich Theatre Royal's chief executive, said: 'We are so excited to welcome Caroline on stage here for the first time. It is always a huge thrill to be able to showcase home-grown talent and we are delighted she will be part of the Crazy For You cast. What a treat it will be for her family and friends across Norfolk too.
'The production itself is highly anticipated and our audiences are also no strangers to the on-stage style and flair of Tom Chambers. We are expecting huge interest in the show when it goes on sale this Spring.'
Crazy For You will be at Norwich Theatre Royal from October 31 to November 4.
Tickets will go on sale in the spring.