Carlton Meres Country Park sold to Park Holidays for £13m
- Credit: Archant
A leisure park in Suffolk has changed hands for the second time in less than three months, in a deal valued at more than £13m.
Residential park specialist Countrywide Park Homes acquired the Carlton Meres Country Park near Saxmundham in April as part of the business and assets of park operator Lifestyle Living UK, which went into administration last December.
Now, however, Countrywide has sold Carlton Meres to Park Holidays, with the proceeds earmarked for investment in other sites. The sale included 280 luxury lodges alongside 200 new plots for development.
Anthony Barney, Countrywide Park Homes' owner and chairman, said: 'Park Holidays approached us with an offer that has enabled our business to not only secure considerable investment for future developments, it will also boost our current portfolio of 13 parks with plans for new features and improved facilities.
'We are seeking to invest in a number of UK locations, including attractive destinations such as Suffolk, both now and in the foreseeable future.'
You may also want to watch:
Park Holidays already owns three other sites in Suffolk and three in Essex while Countrywide retains four sites in Suffolk and Norfolk.
The value of April's deal was not disclosed.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones