Driver thanks 999 services after escaping from crash which saw engine ripped from car with just cuts and bruises
- Credit: Archant
A young driver has thanked the emergency services after he escaped from a crash which left the engine ripped out of his car with just cuts and bruises.
The incident, in which the car crashed into a tree, happened on the B1108 Norwich Road at Carleton Forehoe, Norfolk and Suffolk Roads Policing said on Twitter on Saturday.
They said the engine had become 'completely detached' from the car.
Driver Joe Cork said he was 'so lucky to be alive' and thanked the emergency services for their help.
He said he had escaped from the crash with just bruises and cuts, which he said was 'very lucky'.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 4 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 5 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 8 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 9 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
- 10 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote