Driver thanks 999 services after escaping from crash which saw engine ripped from car with just cuts and bruises
- Credit: Archant
A young driver has thanked the emergency services after he escaped from a crash which left the engine ripped out of his car with just cuts and bruises.
The incident, in which the car crashed into a tree, happened on the B1108 Norwich Road at Carleton Forehoe, Norfolk and Suffolk Roads Policing said on Twitter on Saturday.
They said the engine had become 'completely detached' from the car.
Driver Joe Cork said he was 'so lucky to be alive' and thanked the emergency services for their help.
He said he had escaped from the crash with just bruises and cuts, which he said was 'very lucky'.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 3 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 4 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 8 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year