Man rescued from car ‘upside down in water’
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man has been rescued after becoming trapped in a car upside down in water.
Emergency services were called at around 8.50am today (Tuesday October 2) following reports of a vehicle stuck in water off Gogg's Mill Road in Hempton, near Fakenham.
A police spokesperson said: 'The driver, a man, was trapped in a car upside down in water but is now out of the vehicle.'
The man was the only person in the car and is being looked over by a team from the East of England Ambulance Service.
Crews from the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were also in attendance at the accident, just off Sandy Lane, and arrived shortly after 9am to help rescue the man.
The road is not blocked but police have remained on scene.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 6 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 7 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 8 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 9 Which of the major shops are staying closed this Boxing Day?
- 10 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75