Car stolen in Harleston
- Credit: Archant © 2009
Police are appealing for information after a car theft in Harleston this morning.
A silver Land Rover Freelander was stolen from an address in Briar Road at around 7.15am after being left with the engine running.
Police are warning motorists not to leave their cars unattended when defrosting windscreens.
A Norfolk Police Spokesperson said: 'With the colder weather at this time of year motorists de-ice or warm up their vehicle by leaving the engine running. However, you could be making it easier for thieves to steal your vehicle and if it is stolen – or the items within – it will invalidate your insurance.'
Anyone with information about the theft of the Land Rover should contact the Harleston Safer Neighbourhood Team on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 7 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 8 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 9 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder
- 10 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case