Car hits house in Gillingham
A detached house had to be made safe by a specialist rescue team after being hit by a car.
The house in Loddon Road, Gillingham, near Beccles, was hit at around 8.30pm on Thursday night.
Yesterday a neighbour said he believed a VW Golf with four people inside had hit it.
He said: 'I was in my kitchen and it felt as though it had hit my house.'
He added that the emergency crews were on site until 12.30am on Friday morning and that assessors had been to look at the damage, which included a pile of bricks next to a sunken window. The house was also taped off.
A fire crew from Loddon was assisted by four crews from Dereham-based Urban Search and Rescue (USAR) team after the crash. No-one was injured.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 7 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 8 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 9 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today