Car-hire firm has a Zest for growth after completing rebrand
- Credit: Archant
The UK's biggest independent car hire broker is looking to extend its overseas reach after completing a rebrand.
Zest Car Rental is the new name for Economy Car Hire, based in Dereham. Now managing director Rory Sexton is looking to grow the company's 100,000-strong customer base by targeting more drivers in countries including Ireland, the USA, Australia and New Zealand.
He said: 'We have already seen more interest because of the rebrand and new website, but our future growth will come from trying to get customers from other source markets. At the moment, 90% of our customers are based in the UK, but there is a whole range of other markets we can tap into.'
The company works with more than 200 car hire companies in 60 countries, and Mr Sexton said a move to accepting currencies other than sterling would be an attraction to foreign customers.
Zest Car Rental has also seen recent changes in customer booking destinations, he added.
You may also want to watch:
'There have been changes from a terrorism and security point of view - Turkey and Egypt are out, and the Mediterranean is in,' he said.
The rebrand includes a new website – www.zestcarrental.com – which is responsive for customers using smartphones and tablets.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 7 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 8 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 9 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 10 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
The company, founded by Rory and Pam Sexton 16 years ago, has been rated top car hire broker by consumer body Which? Travel for four years running, and employs 23 people at its base in Church Street, Dereham.
Last year it turned over £13m.
Mr Sexton said he believed the company's success was down to its open approach and ensuring customers did not fall foul of the hidden extra charges common to many car-hire companies.
'Customers have always been our priority. We've changed our name to Zest Car Rental to better reflect our fresh, honest approach to car hire. Team Zest is made up of the same experienced and committed staff who will continue to drive the business forward,' he added.
Zest Car Rental is giving away £1m of free car travel to existing customers by offering each a £10 voucher towards their next booking.
Do you have a business story? Email email@example.com