Car in flames causes delays
- Credit: Ultimatetj
A vehicle fire on a road running through a Norfolk village has forced police to partially close the road.
Traffic on the B1172 between Wymondham and the village of Hethersett is currently facing delays due to the partial closure.
A police spokesman said police are currently on the scene and that the road will be fully opened again once they are satisfied it is safe.
A video posted by Twitter user UltimateTJ shows the whole front bonnet of blue car in flames.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said two engines were called at 9.12am to the scene, where jet hoses were used to put the fire out by 9.33am.
The car, currently in a lay-by, is due to be picked up at 1pm.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe