Car in flames causes delays
- Credit: Ultimatetj
A vehicle fire on a road running through a Norfolk village has forced police to partially close the road.
Traffic on the B1172 between Wymondham and the village of Hethersett is currently facing delays due to the partial closure.
A police spokesman said police are currently on the scene and that the road will be fully opened again once they are satisfied it is safe.
A video posted by Twitter user UltimateTJ shows the whole front bonnet of blue car in flames.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said two engines were called at 9.12am to the scene, where jet hoses were used to put the fire out by 9.33am.
The car, currently in a lay-by, is due to be picked up at 1pm.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 3 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 4 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 5 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 Royal estate closes winter light trail due to bad weather