Car fire breaks out in garage of Lowestoft home
FIREFIGHTERS from Lowestoft spent more than an hour and a half tackling a garage blaze at a home in the town.
A car inside the garage in Beaconsfield Road was discovered ablaze by firefighters just before 2am this morning (Friday). Two crews from Lowestoft South
fire station were initially sent to the scene at 1.58am, and further assistance from a third appliance was provided at 2.09am.
Firefighters wearing four sets of breathing apparatus tackled the flames using hose reels and a jet. They confined the blaze to the loft area of the garage by 2.30am, and they'd put out all the flames an hour later.
The crews stayed on the scene for some time to damp down the roof area.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 5 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 6 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 7 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich