Car crashes into house in Diss
- Credit: Archant
A car crashed into a building in Diss last night causing a gas leak.
Firefighters were called to the accident involving a single vehicle in a cul-de-sac behind the Fairgreen Fish Bar in Denmark Street just before 7.45pm.
Two fire crews from Diss attended the scene to assess the damage caused by the accident and to make the area safe.
A wall of a bathroom annex was destroyed, leaving the interior exposed, and there was also damage to a nearby fence and building.
Police and gas engineers were also at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said no one was hurt in the accident.
South Norfolk Police confirmed they attended the incident.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
The female driver involved, who did not want to be named, said the incident was an accident and said she was distraught over what had happened.