Car collides with lorry on A11 at Thetford
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Emergency services were called to Thetford this afternoon after a car collided with a lorry on the A11.
Police were called at 2.50pm to reports of the collision between an HGV and a silver Toyota Avensis on the A11, at the Brandon Road roundabout.
An ambulance crew and a rapid response vehicle from the East of England Ambulance Service were called at 2.54pm and arrived on scene within four minutes.
The crew treated a male patient, believed to be in his 60s, who was complaining of chest pains. The ambulance remains on scene.
Three fire appliances from East Harling, Watton and Bury also attended the scene.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said one driver had suffered minor whiplash in the incident.
Both vehicles are off the road and the road is now clear.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge