Car boot sale in King’s Lynn raises almost £2,000 for ExCel Appeal
Staff at a west Norfolk Tesco Extra held a charity car boot sale to raise funds to help buy hospital equipment.
Proceeds from the event, at the Hardwick Road Store in King's Lynn, will go to the ExCel Appeal, supported by the EDP, which aims to buy specialist care equipment for the elderly at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Lynn.
The event, which ran between 8am and 12pm yesterday, raised £1831.67 and there were 148 stalls.
Laura Gathercole, Tesco community champion, said: 'We used to do the car boot sale for a national charity but this year I decided, because it's so popular and everybody who comes, comes from King's Lynn, I wanted to pick a local one.'
She added she was glad to see so many people turn up, considering the poor weather forecast.
The 21-year-old said: 'People like the fact it's so popular, big and well organised.'
In addition to the car boot sale, the store has set up donation buckets at its premises, with the aim of raising around £1,500 throughout March.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 7 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 8 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 9 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
- 10 Countryfile to highlight controversial Norfolk road scheme
It is hoped the appeal will raise a total of £50,000 over the next year to help buy three sets of vital equipment which would benefit elderly patients who are frail or suffer from conditions such as dementia.
To donate to the appeal visit www.justgiving.com/qehkl-excelappeal or you can pay by cheque made payable to 'Excel Appeal'.
Send it to Laurence Morlaàs, fundraising executive, QEH, Gayton Road, King's Lynn PE30 4ET.
Are you raising money for the ExCel Appeal? Email firstname.lastname@example.org