Candidates prepare for Beccles South by-election
Four candidates are standing to represent Beccles South on Waveney District Council.
A by-election is being held on Thursday, following the resignation of Labour's Alan Thwaites because of ill health.
Here, we have given all four candidates 200 words to tell you about themselves and what they are standing for.
The candidates are Graham Catchpole, of Coney Hill, Beccles, for the Conservatives, Nicky Elliott, of Barsham, for the Green Party, Doug Farmer, of Ashmans Road, Beccles, for the Liberal Democrats, and Alan Green, of Fishermans Way, Kessingland, for Labour.
Before Mr Thwaites' resignation the opposition Labour party had 23 seats and the Conservatives also had 23, with the Tories relying on the support of chairman Peter Collecott, an independent, for control of the council. Graham Elliott represents the Green Party.
You may also want to watch:
The by-election will take place the same day as the Police and Crime Commissioner elections.
To see profiles of the candidates for Beccles South, click on the links at the top of the page.
- 1 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 8 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 9 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 10 Police reopen road following earlier crash