Cancer support charity Star Throwers welcomes new patrons
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A Wymondham businessman and a paralympian from Attleborough have been named patrons of the Wymondham-based cancer charity Star Throwers.
Money Properties owner Mick Money and javelin thrower Danny Nobbs have accepted the position, which was last held by Les King (pictured), who died in February.
Mr Money said: 'I feel honoured to be a patron of Star Throwers and am determined to continue with the great work started by the late Les King.'
Mr Nobbs, who competed at the Beijing Olympics for team GB, said: 'I was introduced to Star Throwers by Les, and his passion for the charity was infectious. The support which Star Throwers gives to those whose lives have been affected by cancer is amazing and I hope we can continue the tremendous patronage of Les King.'
Mr Money and Mr Nobbs have both supported Star Throwers for many years, and earlier this year Mr Money organised a football match in memory of Mr King which raised more than £3,100 for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
Star Throwers founder Dr Henry Mannings said: 'We are very proud that Mick and Danny have become Star Throwers' patrons.
'We know they care deeply about our cause to help cancer sufferers and their loved ones and look forward to working with them so we can support even more people in the future.'
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 6 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 7 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 Councillor accused of making sexist, racist and homophobic jokes online
Mr Money and Mr Nobbs will be officially announced as patrons at the Star Throwers' annual garden party on August 20 from 11am to 4pm, to be take place at the Star Throwers' premises in Melton Road.
The pair will also be unveiling a memorial bench dedicated to Mr King at 12.45pm. There will also be homemade cakes, garden games, music and entertainment, and stalls. The event is free to enter but there is a suggested donation of £4 for the charity. Star Throwers supports cancer patients and their loved ones, for more information visit www.starthrowers.org.uk or call 01953 423304.