Devoted dad queues early for tickets to Arsenal match to surprise kids
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich City football fan wanting to surprise his kids with tickets to the Carabao Cup tie against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium started queuing outside the Carrow Road ground at 5am waiting for the ticket office to open.
Lawrence Osborne said he had arrived early expecting a queue, but instead found he was the only one there.
'I wanted to make sure I would get tickets to the game so I got here early,' he said. 'My wife Victoria and I want to take our three children Mackenzie, Lucas and Lochlan to watch the match.'
He said they had told the kids they would try get the tickets, but had not promised them anything.
'It's going to be a surprise for them as they don't know.'
The Carrow Road season ticket holder said City face a tough challenge against Arsenal at home.
'They have been playing quite well lately so you would think they have a chance in beating Arsenal. I'd rather be at the game than not if it does happen.'
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 5 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 6 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 7 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 8 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 9 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 10 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
The first in line, Mr Osborne walked out the ticket office with his five tickets just after 9am.
'The person behind me arrived just before 8am,' he said. 'Although I got here early it was worth the wait.'
The match will be played on Tuesday, October 24 after City sealed their place in the last 16 with a 3-1 win at Brentford. The club's website said tickets were sold out soon after they had gone on sale.
It was not immediately clear if more would be made available.