Can you help this year’s poppy appeal in North Walsham?
- Credit: PA
Extra helpers are needed to make the North Walsham Poppy Appeal another popular success and beat last year's record collection of £16,759.
Dave Audley, organiser for the Royal British Legion supported annual event, said: 'For the last three years each one has beaten the previous year and been a record. Obviously, we are hoping to do the same again this year.
'It's a charity that people are very responsive to, especially at this time when we are commemorating the centenary of the First World War. A lot of people have a personal collection and most of us have relatives who either served or did not come back from the war.'
Volunteers are needed to man the poppy collection tables at Sainsbury's and Waitrose supermarkets in North Walsham from October 30 to November 11.
If you could spare an hour or two (or even three or four) call Mr Audley on 01692 404418.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 8 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk