Can you help reunite Charlie Chaplin with his lost jacket?
- Credit: Archant Norfolk 2011
A popular Norwich street performer is missing a crucial part of his costume and is turning to the good people of Norwich for assistance in finding it.
Antony Arnold, dubbed Norwich's Charlie Chaplin, can often be found performing his 'living statue' act along Gentleman's Walk or the streets of Great Yarmouth.
Had you been in the city at the weekend this is exactly what you might have caught the 48-year-old doing, as he took to Norwich on Sunday to capture a video of himself in action.
As the video shows, the day started like any other, with Antony getting into character before undertaking his robot routine to entertain shoppers and passers by, taking silly photos with children and attracting plenty of attention.
However the fun was cut short today as Antony arrived in Great Yarmouth ready to perform, but quickly realised he had lost a crucial piece of his costume - Charlie Chaplin's jacket.
Disheartened by his loss, Mr Arnold said: 'I was making a video in the city on Sunday, I hadn't performed in Norwich for months but people on social media had asked me to come back. It was a really hot day and I was soaked by the end of it, so I hung the jacket up to dry while I packed my stuff away and obviously just forgot about it. I've tried to find it, but of course a lot can happen in two days. At least the video I made that day came out good, but watching it now is a bitter pill to swallow.'
He added: 'My ex-partner and I made the jacket eight years ago and it took about six months in total to complete. We spent so long studying endless photographs of Chaplin to get it as close to his jacket as we could. I'm heartbroken that it's gone. I'm going to try and knock something up to use in the interim, but it means I have to give up a couple of performing days to make it and at the end of it all, it won't be the real thing. I'm trying to put on a brave face, but I can't believe Sunday might have been the last time I ever got to wear that jacket. If anyone could help reunite me with it, I'd be eternally grateful!'
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 5 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 6 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
- 7 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
• If you can help reunite Antony with his missing jacket, please email email@example.com