Can you help identify these war-time lovers?
- Credit: 100th Bomb Group Memorial Museum
A local museum is hoping for a miracle this Valentine's Day.
Trustees from 100th Bomb Group Memorial Museum in Dickleburgh are hoping to uncover more information about an unidentified wedding photograph.
The photo comes from the extensive archive held at the museum which was catalogued with the help of the Eighth in the East Project.
Discovered among photographs of servicemen visiting the Norfolk Broads and Christmas parties for local children, the image is one of more than 500 contained within the collection.
Sophie Towne, a museum trustee, helped catalogue the photos back in 2015 and is still on the hunt to identify the bride and groom two years later.
Miss Towne said: 'It would be great if we could tap into the knowledge of the local community in order to identify the mystery bride and groom.
'We're continually enriching our museum catalogue so it would be a marvellous Valentine's Day miracle if we could uncover the story of these war-time lovers which has been lost for more than seventy years and record it for generations to come.
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 5 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 6 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 7 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 8 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
'Any information would be gratefully received, especially names of the people or even the whereabouts of the church as that might help us track down marriage records.'
She added: 'The ideal solution would be that we could find out who, where and when the wedding took place and what happened to the couple during and after the war.'
• Do you recognise the couple in the photo? Email firstname.lastname@example.org