Can you help identify these war-time lovers?
- Credit: 100th Bomb Group Memorial Museum
A local museum is hoping for a miracle this Valentine's Day.
Trustees from 100th Bomb Group Memorial Museum in Dickleburgh are hoping to uncover more information about an unidentified wedding photograph.
The photo comes from the extensive archive held at the museum which was catalogued with the help of the Eighth in the East Project.
Discovered among photographs of servicemen visiting the Norfolk Broads and Christmas parties for local children, the image is one of more than 500 contained within the collection.
Sophie Towne, a museum trustee, helped catalogue the photos back in 2015 and is still on the hunt to identify the bride and groom two years later.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Towne said: 'It would be great if we could tap into the knowledge of the local community in order to identify the mystery bride and groom.
'We're continually enriching our museum catalogue so it would be a marvellous Valentine's Day miracle if we could uncover the story of these war-time lovers which has been lost for more than seventy years and record it for generations to come.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 7 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
'Any information would be gratefully received, especially names of the people or even the whereabouts of the church as that might help us track down marriage records.'
She added: 'The ideal solution would be that we could find out who, where and when the wedding took place and what happened to the couple during and after the war.'
• Do you recognise the couple in the photo? Email email@example.com