Can you help Badger unit youngsters learn first aid at St John Ambulance’s Martham unit?
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of St John Ambulance's Martham unit are appealing for a volunteer to come forward to become a Badger leader
Badgers are the youngest St John Ambulance volunteers, aged between seven and 10-years-old.
They work towards achieving their Super Badger Award, which includes learning first aid.
The new volunteer leader will lead the sett and help the youngsters realise their full potential.
No prior first aid or volunteering experience is required as all necessary training will be given.
You may also want to watch:
All potential volunteers must be over 18 and will be required to pass an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. It is estimated that the role will require around six volunteer hours a week.
Chris Levis, St John Ambulance's district manager in Norfolk, said: 'I'd like to hear from people living in and around Martham who have the enthusiasm and drive to work with our youngest volunteers and ensure that they can continue their learning in a safe and welcoming environment.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
'Even though they are under 10, our Badgers have proved again and again that they have what it takes to help in a first aid emergency and hopefully they will be inspired to stay on as Cadets and eventually as adult volunteers. The right person for this role will be in a position of responsibility and will have opportunities to develop their volunteering career with St John Ambulance.'
The Martham Badgers meet on Wednesday evenings in term -time only at Martham Village Hall.
If you are interested contact Chris for an informal discussion at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 07912 999173 or email email@example.com.