Can you help Badger unit youngsters learn first aid at St John Ambulance’s Martham unit?
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of St John Ambulance's Martham unit are appealing for a volunteer to come forward to become a Badger leader
Badgers are the youngest St John Ambulance volunteers, aged between seven and 10-years-old.
They work towards achieving their Super Badger Award, which includes learning first aid.
The new volunteer leader will lead the sett and help the youngsters realise their full potential.
No prior first aid or volunteering experience is required as all necessary training will be given.
You may also want to watch:
All potential volunteers must be over 18 and will be required to pass an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. It is estimated that the role will require around six volunteer hours a week.
Chris Levis, St John Ambulance's district manager in Norfolk, said: 'I'd like to hear from people living in and around Martham who have the enthusiasm and drive to work with our youngest volunteers and ensure that they can continue their learning in a safe and welcoming environment.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 6 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
'Even though they are under 10, our Badgers have proved again and again that they have what it takes to help in a first aid emergency and hopefully they will be inspired to stay on as Cadets and eventually as adult volunteers. The right person for this role will be in a position of responsibility and will have opportunities to develop their volunteering career with St John Ambulance.'
The Martham Badgers meet on Wednesday evenings in term -time only at Martham Village Hall.
If you are interested contact Chris for an informal discussion at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 07912 999173 or email email@example.com.