Can you guess which Norfolk pub Lord Sugar praised in a message to his 2.2m Twitter followers?
A pub commended by Norfolk Camra saw its fame spread worldwide over the weekend when Lord Sugar praised it in a message to 2,230,000 followers on Twitter.
The business tycoon and front man of The Apprentice series sent a message on Saturday describing the Dabbling Duck in Great Massingham as 'great'.
His tweet read: 'I have flown today to a disused RAF airfield in Norfolk, Gt Massingham, walked through a field. Now having lunch in great pub Dabbling Duck.'
Mark Orton, who was working at the 2011 Camra Norfolk pub of the year when he arrived, declined to give details of Lord Sugar's visit, but said the publicity was 'nice', and added that the pub had a number of customers who flew into the airfield.
A day later, Lord Sugar's message had been re-tweeted by 95 people, while another 35 Twitter users had flagged it up as a favourite.
You may also want to watch:
Although the pub has been posting messages on Twitter since July 5, it has not itself re-tweeted the message from its famous patron.
However, one user did ask Lord Sugar: 'are you planning to cycle back to St. Tropez to burn off all those delicious Dabbling Duck pub lunch calories?' She did not receive a reply.
- 1 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 2 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 3 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 4 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 5 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 8 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m