Cambridgeshire couple who scooped �101m Euromillions jackpot will go public today
Mystery surrounds their identity this morning. But a couple who have won the UK's third biggest lottery prize - more than �101 million - will be named today.
The pair, who come from Cambridgeshire, have claimed the EuroMillions jackpot and will go public this afternoon, Camelot said.
They will give a press conference at Down Hall Country House Hotel in Hatfield Heath, Hertfordshire, which was where tragic reality TV star Jade Goody married fiance Jack Tweed in February 2009.
This morning, there was speculation that the couple come from the Norfolk/Cambridgeshire border. Sources suggested that the winners came from the Fenland or East Cambridgeshire area, although lottery operator Camelot would not confirm or deny this.
They were the only winners in Friday's draw and have banked �101,203,600.70.
You may also want to watch:
The couple's success means they are �1m better off than David Bowie, the 703rd richest person in the country, according to the Sunday Times Rich List 2011.
They move ahead of celebrity couples such as Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne (�95m), and Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin (�48m).
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
The biggest-ever EuroMillions prize was a �161m jackpot won by Colin and Chris Weir, from Largs, Scotland, earlier this year. In October 2010 an anonymous British winner scooped �113m in the draw.
The winning numbers were 18, 26, 34, 38 and 42. The Lucky Star numbers were 5 and 8.