Summer solstice festival searching for volunteers
- Credit: Archant
The First Light Festival are looking for more than 150 volunteers to help with the 24-hour event.
The free non-stop summer solstice festival, which covers various arts, science and music will take place on June 22 and run until noon the following day.
Thousands are expected to head down to South Beach, in Lowestoft for the all-night family festival.
According to organisers, different roles such as working on the information stand, running activities and being a steward are up for grabs.
Wayne Hemingway, who specialises in the regeneration of towns said: 'Lowestoft is obviously in, and continues to go through, difficult times because of loss of industry and things, so the idea was to see what we could bring along to activate it.'
You may also want to watch:
To take part of the event, visit firstlightlowestoft.com/take-part
The event will have live music, late-night DJ sets, talks on astronomy, poetry as well as short films and art.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 10 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales