Call for vigilance after suspicious man pretends to be meter reader in Brandon
- Credit: Archant © 2009
Police are telling residents to 'remain vigilant' after a suspicious man was reported to be pretending to a be meter reader in Brandon.
Concerned residents contacted officers after the man was spotted looking at the electricity meter of a property in Rowan Drive at around 3pm on Monday.
A police spokesman said the residents had seen the man do the same thing in July, and on both occasions their supplier informed them there were no readings being taken place in the area at those times.
The man did not go to any other properties in the road. He is described as white, around 5ft 10in tall, aged in his late 20s, with short ginger hair and stubble. He was wearing a blue fleece and blue trousers, resembling a uniform, and was driving a small Peugeot van.
The man made no attempt to gain entry to the house, but his behaviour is described as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to hear from anyone who may have seen this man or who has any information about this incident. Calls should be made to Sgt Ben Clark at Mildenhall Police Station on 101, quoting CAD 389 of 1/9.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 9 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 10 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening