Cake and chutney stall raises another £700 for Help for Heroes
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Charity baker David Brown has raised another £777 for Help for Heroes through his latest fundraising stall.
Mr Brown sold his homemade cakes and chutneys in Exchange Square, Beccles, on Saturday, August 26.
He said: 'It was another fantastic day and the weather was really kind to us.'
Mr Brown sold out of his cakes and pastries and the amount raised included £58 in donations.
The money will add to the £66,000 raised for the cause over the past eight years with his late wife Pat.
You may also want to watch:
The couple were inspired to start fundraising through their daughter Sally Williams, who has served in the army for more than 20 years.
Mr Brown's next stall will be held at the same location on Saturday, September 30, from 8am. Special orders can be placed in advance by calling 01502 677225.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 9 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 10 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
To keep up-to-date with his fundraising, search for Dad's Help for Heroes Page on Facebook.