Caister teacher’s warning to pet owners after her cats are poisoned
- Credit: Lesley Bacon
A heartbroken cat owner has issued a warning to others after her cats were poisoned in Caister.
Lesley Bacon of Jubilee Terrace lost her six-year-old cat Pudding, after she ate a poisonous substance two weeks ago.
Now, her other cat Fugly, Pudding's brother, is fighting for his life at the vets after too being poisoned.
Miss Bacon, a teacher, has now warned other pet owners in the area to be vigilant.
She said: 'I just want to warn other people that this is happening and to be careful with their pets.
You may also want to watch:
'Pudding did not tend to go very far, so I know it must have been in this area.'
The 50-year-old rushed Pudding to the vet after she came home and started to have a fit. She initially thought the black moggy had been hit by a car, however, blood tests revealed she had been poisoned.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
Last week, she then noticed Fugly was also ill, and on taking him to the vet found out just 25pc of his kidneys were working.
Miss Bacon, who lives with her 23-year-old son Danny, added: 'We are all gutted. It was awful for us to have to watch Pudding have a fit, and I've racked up a vet bill of nearly £1,000 for Fugly.
'The vets have been amazing, keeping us informed of how he is but it is just awful this has happened.'
It is understood Miss Bacon's cats are not the only felines to have been affected by poisoning in the area.
Norfolk Police has confirmed it is aware of the situation and has offered its reassurances to public.