Caister man jailed after stabbing man so hard handle of knife broke
A 20-year-old Caister man has been jailed for a year after stabbing a man in the face.
Hayden Hunt, of Wright Drive, was arrested following a dispute at an address in Deneside, Great Yarmouth, during which he confronted a 25-year-old, who he had been drinking with earlier, and stabbed him.
Such force was used in the attack that the handle of the knife was broken off and the victim needed 10 stitches in his face.
Police arrested Hunt at the scene in the early hours of January 19 and when interviewed by officers he admitted the assault.
He was later charged and pleaded guilty to inflicting grievous bodily harm and possession of an offensive weapon.
You may also want to watch:
He was sentenced at Norwich Crown Court on Monday (August 13) to 12 months detention in a young offender institution.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 8 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR