Caister Coastwatch volunteers postpone event due to ongoing search for Sophie Smith
- Credit: Archant
A sponsored swim has been postponed as searches continue for missing student Sophie Smith.
Watchkeepers from the Caister National Coastwatch Institution Station were due to hold a sponsored swim at 11am today (New Year's Day).
But as the search for 21-year-old Sophie goes on, the Caister Coastwatch volunteers have postponed the event.
A spokesman said: 'National Coastwatch at Caister have decided to postpone our sponsored swim in respect for Sophie and the family.'
Sophie disappeared from her home on Avondale Road in Gorleston at 3am on Boxing Day morning.
You may also want to watch:
CCTV footage captured her heading towards the seafront a short time later, but there have been no other confirmed sightings since then.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash