‘I love this village’ - Caister celebrates second ever Christmas lights switch on
- Credit: Archant
A village has celebrated its second ever Christmas lights switch on ceremony.
Caister turned on its festive lights in the High Street last Friday.
A spokesman for Caister Parish Council said in a Facebook post: 'I wonder if the Council Hall has ever looked so bright in all its 105 years as it does tonight.
'I love this village and people who say we have no community spirit should have been here tonight, we came together, thank you Caister.'
Carols were sung by the Caister Junior School choir, Soundwave Singers, Caister Coastwatch and others in the village.
You may also want to watch:
Drinks and refreshments were provided by the Caister WI in the hall which was decked out in Christmas decorations for the occasion.
Throughout the village 16 Christmas trees have put up and businesses have decorated their buildings festively.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 9 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17