Bust a move! The Vintage Show brings disco glamour to OPEN for Norwich Fashion Week 2017
- Credit: Archant
With a Studio 54 theme, The Vintage Show sponsored by Zaks Authentic American Diners, was always bound to be a fun-filled night of fashion.
Set to a fabulous 80s soundtrack, the vintage extravaganza, which took place on Sunday, showcased looks from 13 different retailers and designers, including Kooks Vintage, Sue Ryder Vintage and Hyde Johnson Couture.
The event saw the runway disappear and instead a new seating plan was introduced, allowing models to take a turn around the whole room.
Highlights of the night included dazzling sequin-covered party dresses, 60s Ra-Ra dresses, strong shoulder pads, bomber jackets and a great selection of retro eyewear from Dipple and Conway.
Kerry Curl, one of the show's coordinators, said: 'The show felt electric the entire day even during the prep! Our DJ Will Pointer had put together such an amazing track list that the feeling of disco was in the air right from the rehearsal thanks to a spontaneous outburst of dancing from the production crew.
You may also want to watch:
'Once the doors opened that vibe continued to fill the room and the party carried on. This is how we do vintage at Norwich Fashion Week!'
Norwich Fashion Week runs until Friday, March 17 with events taking place all across the city.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 10 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
Two more catwalk shows are set to take place over the next few days, with the Designers Show on Tuesday, March 14 and the grand finale, Fashion Excess on Friday, which will feature live music performances from EKKAH and Happy Coloured Marbles.
• Join the Fash Pack at the next catwalk show. Tickets are available from the OPEN Norwich box office by calling 01603 763111 or visit opennorwich.org.uk