Businesses from Norfolk and Waveney encouraged to enter the Great British High Street Awards
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Norfolk businesses have just three weeks to enter the Great British High Street Awards.
Hoping to find the country's leading retail and leisure hubs, the Great British High Street Awards 2018 is run by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government.
Businesses, councils, communities and groups in Norfolk and Waveney are being encouraged to nominate their high street before the competition closes on August 22.
High streets can be entered across two categories: Champion High Street and Rising Star High Street, while an overall national winner will also be named.
Jake Berry MP, minister for high streets, said: 'The Great British High Street Awards are a fantastic opportunity to recognise and celebrate our high street heroes - those dedicated shopkeepers, committed community volunteers and creative councils that work tirelessly to ensure our high streets remain the beating hearts of local communities.
You may also want to watch:
'It's never been easier to enter the awards and showcase the hard work of your community – it's time to get those applications in.'
Find out more and enter at http://thegreatbritishhighstreet.co.uk
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre