Norfolk campsites pick up awards in camping and glamping competition
- Credit: IAN BURT
A number of popular camping and glamping sites in Norfolk have picked up regional awards in a national competition run by an online camping website.
The Campsites.co.uk Camping and Glamping awards were started in 2015 to recognise the good work put in by parks across the UK and those that offer something 'above and beyond' to their guests.
Norfolk winners include Searles Leisure Resort, which won the regional Popular Choice award (East of England) and King's Lynn Caravan and Camping Park, which received the regional Popular Choice (East of England) 2017 commended award.
Located near Hunstanton, Searles has been welcoming tourers and campers for over 80 years while Kings Lynn, which is located in North Runcton, offers a great base for exploring Norfolk and the Fens.
With an increasing focus on pet-friendly facilities, Old Brick Kilns Caravan and Camping Park in north Norfolk received a commended award in the Top Dog category for dog-friendly sites.
Set on 13 acres of land just eight miles from the coast, the park is arranged on three levels with 60 spacious all weather semi-hard standing pitches.
Organisers said many campers wanted to take their pets on holiday and these sites understood that dogs were a part of the family offering everything from dedicated dog walks, to on-site groomers and pet friendly pods.
- 1 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Train travellers set for another weekend of rail disruption
- 4 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 5 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 6 Mum trying to find lost 'heart' of daughter who died days after birthday
- 7 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 8 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 9 Abnormal load to travel through county on first day of Norfolk Show
- 10 North Norfolk glamping site named among best in the UK
Old Brick Kiln was also the winner of the AA's Best Campsite for the Heart of England 2016-2017 and is one of only two Best of British Parks in Norfolk voted in the Top 100 Sites 2016.
Canal Camping received a commended award in the Best Newcomer category, which recognises sites that only opened their doors to guests in 2017.
Located near Dilham in East Norfolk, the back-to-basics campsite is suitable for tents only, with no electricity available.
A commended award in the Best Glamping site category went to Brambells Glamping near Beccles.
The site offer guests a set of luxurious bell tents in an unspoilt countryside setting.
Martin Smith, founder of Campsites.co.uk, said the awards were meant to shine a spotlight on the UK's top parks.
'Good work deserves recognition, and each of our award winning sites has offered something above and beyond to their guests.'