Arnolds Keys partner to tackle first marathon in US in aid of Norfolk charity
- Credit: Andy Newman
A Norwich property professional is heading to the US to tackle his first marathon at the age of 50.
Guy Gowing, managing partner at Arnolds Keys, decided to mark his half-century by taking on the New York Marathon in aid of Norfolk and Norwich Association for the Blind, of which he is a trustee.
He will line up with more than 50,000 other runners on November 5 on Statten Island, before heading for the finish line just over 26 miles away in Manhattan's Central Park.
Mr Gowing is aiming to raise £5,000 through his exploits.
He said: 'Being about to reach 50 years of age has made me realise that the thought of 'having a marathon in me somewhere' meant it was now or never.
You may also want to watch:
'I have been a trustee of the Norfolk and Norwich Association for the Blind for some years, and I'm delighted to be running to raise money for this great charity, as well as the New York Marathon's own good cause, NYRR Team for Kids, which supports deprived children in the city.'
Anyone wanting to sponsor him on his marathon challenge can do so by visiting http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/GuyGowing
- 1 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 7 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 8 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case
- 9 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 10 'We'll be forced back on the roads' - travellers' plea at site hearing