Business wannabes in Norfolk and Suffolk get chance to pitch to former TV Apprentice Ruth Badger
Students from 23 high schools in Norfolk and Suffolk are competing for the opportunity to pitch their ideas for organising a festival to former Apprentice star Ruth Badger.
Ten teams of students, aged 14 to 15 years, will be chosen to go head-to-head in the final at an event organised by Women in Business on Sea (WIBOS) at Pleasurewood Hills, Corton, near Lowestoft on December 7. Local business people will also be able to pitch their own ideas.
Teams are being asked to design and organise their own festival, giving it a name and designing a logo and ticket. They must also make a five-minute presentation to sell their idea to potential sponsors.
Joining the business protege in the judging panel will be Russell Leggett, senior partner of chartered accountants Lovewell Blake and president of the Great Yarmouth Chamber of Commerce, and Stephanie Harrod, chief executive of the Lowestoft-based sports ground equipment manufacturer Harrod UK
The judging takes place during the morning with attendees having the opportunity in the afternoon to seek Ruth Badger's advice on their own business ideas and to asked her more general questions.
You may also want to watch:
The event will be the fourth organised by WIBOS since it was formed last autumn – and the first where men will take part. More than 40 business women from Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft and the Waveney Valley attended the inaugural event and subsequent meetings have included a question time session with local MP's Brandon Lewis and Peter Aldous.
'We're expecting the opportunity to meet Ruth Badger to be a very popular event - a similar one organised by my co-organiser Sharon O'Mahony for the Thetford branch of Women in Business attracted around 300 people,' said Karen Last, WIBOS joint organiser and financial adviser with Lovewell Blake Financial Planning.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
WIBOS is requesting business men and women interested in attending to reserve their places by Friday 2 September 2011. Further information and tickets (�35 including lunch) can be obtained from Susan Greengrass at P & S Personnel Services on 01493 330338 (e-mail email@example.com)