Dereham cafe owner on the secrets to her business success
- Credit: Archant
A former Dereham Neatherd High School student has turned fast food sandwich making into her own successful business.
Ella Winterbone, who left the school in 2015 to study hotel reception and events at Norwich City College, is celebrating one and a half years since her business opened.
After achieving her qualifications and some work experience at local restaurants, she opened Jacks Cafe in Dereham.
Miss Winterbone said: "After college I started working at Subway, I was promoted to a senior and then team leader but left in 2017.
"After Subway, I had no other job to go to, so I started my own business.
You may also want to watch:
"My parents are both self-employed and I have always wanted my own business. It was a spur of the moment decision, I took what I loved and turned it into my business."
Rob Hodges, careers leader at Neatherd and Ella's former business studies teacher, said: "It's lovely to see a former student creating her own successful business."
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 9 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 10 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop