Buses involved in collision outside Norwich hospital
- Credit: Tony Bradfield
An area outside the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH) has been cordoned off after a collision between two buses.
It happened at around 12pm, with a Konect bus and a First bus involved.
An East of England Ambulance Trust spokesman said they received a call at 12.10pm and one ambulance attended.
Chris Speed, head of operations at First Eastern Counties, said: 'Whilst our bus was stationary loading passengers at the bus stop at NNUH, another operator's bus was driven into the side of our bus causing severe damage to bodywork and windows.
'Thankfully, there were no serious injuries but two passengers did receive medical attention at the scene. Our driver was unhurt but was shocked with the impact of the incident.'
You may also want to watch:
An NNUH spokesman said: 'There was a minor collision between two buses today which meant our main plaza was closed for a short period of time to allow the buses to be moved. There were no serious injuries, however two individuals were taken to our A&E department as a precaution. The area is now open as usual.'
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area