City bus stop out of use after barriers put up
- Credit: Archant
A much-used bus stop in Norwich is currently out of use after barriers were erected in front of it.
Bus stop CF in Castle Meadow was blocked on Saturday morning after temporary fencing was put up.
The barriers are part of those at the nearby roadworks on Bank Plain, though the reason why they were extended onto Castle Meadow and in front of the bus stop are not known.
First Buses services 21, 21A, 22, 22A, 23, 23A, 24 and 24A are all affected, though none have been suspended.
Instead, these buses will call at bus stop CE until the fences are removed.
You may also want to watch:
First Buses said that they had decided to make services call at CE as stop CF is "unsafe to use", due to the barriers.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 3 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m