Bus catches fire on the edge of Norwich

JB-1-FIRE-SERVICE-APPLIANCE-re

- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011

A bus caught fire on the edge of Norwich this morning after its brakes overheated.

Emergency services were called to the scene at St Williams Way in Thorpe St Andrew shortly after 6.30am.

It took two fire crews from Sprowston and Carrow 15 minutes to extinguish the fire using hose reel jets.

A fire service spokesman said the bus was not carrying any passengers and the driver was not injured.

More to follow.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter