Here to Help: 438-year-old pub becomes shop and deliver service for community
- Credit: Archant
A 438-year-old pub has become a village shop and is offering deliveries as people across Norfolk self-isolate during the coronavirus outbreak.
The Burston Crown, in Burston, is offering to deliver supplies and meals in the village and neighbouring Shimpling.
Owner, Bev Kembery, said: “Some of our customers can’t come and so we are now offering a meals on wheels service so local villagers can order from our menu and we will take it to them.”
The temporary village shop at the Burston Crown will allow villagers to buy food essentials and even toilet rolls for those who cannot get into the bigger shops in Diss.
Steve Kembery, co-owner and chef, said: “Meals on wheels will be an interesting challenge but my scooter is ready for action. Who knows, it may be a meal for four and a bag of potatoes we take to villagers. It is important for us to support the people who have supported us over the years.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information call 01379 741257, search Burston Crown on Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Here to Help Facebook Community here.If you are doing something to help in your community, email email@example.com
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 7 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 8 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 First patients receive Covid jabs at Norfolk's new mass vaccination centre