Norfolk man does burpees for more than two hours to raise money for girl with Cerebral Palsy
- Credit: Archant
A teenager burpeed for more than two hours in a bid to raise money for an operation for a little girl with cerebral palsy.
Isaac Ringwood, 18 and from Aylsham, did burpees, a type of full body exercise, for the equivalent of a mile to raise money for Just4Children. The charity is helping to pay for an operation for two-year-old Harper Sharrocks, who was born with spastic quadriplegic.
Mr Ringwood started taking martial art classes four years ago and became known as the man who loved doing burpees.
He said: 'The coach at my martial arts class just loved making everyone do burpees. I enjoyed them and got known as the guy who loves doing burpees. I saw a video about the one mile challenge and I always wanted to do it.
'Natasha [Harper's mother], who I trained with, had a child with cerebral palsy and I thought I could do the mile to raise money towards an operation she needs.'
You may also want to watch:
So far Mr Ringwood has been able to raise £950. It took two hours and 28 minutes to complete the mile.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school