Firefighters called out to deal with burning car in Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Firefighters were called to a burning car in Norwich.
Crews from Earlham and Sprowston attended a crash on Wroxham Road shortly before 6pm today (November 8) which resulted in one of the cars being on fire.
No-one was trapped in the vehicles.
The crews extinguished the fire using hose reel jets whilst wearing breathing apparatus and provided casualty care to a person on scene.
Meanwhile, a fire crew from Carrow attended a report of a fire on Brick Kiln Lane, Swainsthorpe, at just after 5.30pm this evening.
You may also want to watch:
However, it was found to be controlled burning.
At 5.35pm today appliances from Attleborough and Wymondham attended to a vehicle fire in Attleborough which was found to be a false alarm caused by a mechanical fault.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 4 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 7 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 8 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 9 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 10 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
A crew from Great Yarmouth investigated reports of smoke coming from a building on St Georges Road at 3.15pm this afternoon but it was a false alarm.