Reports of building fire turn out to be cooking fumes

Fire crews called to Witton. Photo: Denise Bradley

Fire crews called to Witton. Photo: Denise Bradley - Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017

Cooking fumes were the reason for an emergency call out on the north Norfolk coast.

Firefighters from the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to the Sutton estate in Burnham Market at 5.57pm on Saturday, February 2.

Crews from Fakenham and Wells attended following reports of smoke coming from a building.

Although a genuine cause for concern the fumes turned out not to be an emergency and were instead caused by cooking.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter