Burglars steal boiler from fire-hit home in Fritton near Great Yarmouth
- Credit: James Bass
Days before a couple were due to move back in following a devastating fire, thieves have stolen a boiler from a recently restored house.
Last April a fire tore through Lake Cottage in Beccles Road, in Fritton, near Great Yarmouth.
Firefighters worked to save the 150-year-old thatched building, but it was extensively damaged in the blaze.
After lengthy repairs everything was nearly ready for the occupants to move back in.
MORE: Photos show aftermath of fire at thatched cottage in FrittonHowever the house was burgled yesterday morning (February 1) and a boiler was stolen, which has delayed their return.
The boiler is a Wallstar Boiler 18/24 and its serial number is 440874.
You may also want to watch:
• Police are investigating the crime. If you have any information please call Great Yarmouth police 101 and quote the crime reference number 263/0102017.
Or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or use their online form.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 4 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 5 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 8 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 9 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 10 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk